10.1.11

After a brief hiatus...Thanksgiving!

This holiday season has been jam-packed with parties, traveling, and visits from people that I love, so I've let my blogging fall to the wayside.  Now I'm going to catch up by posting a lot of unrelated posts in quick succession, so let's see if you can keep up!

Thanksgiving

Since Thanksgiving is a fiercely American (and Canadian!) holiday, it not only gave us a reason to celebrate--it also gave us at least two weeks of Cultural Studies classes at our schools!  I, of course, led my youngest kids in making a Hand Turkey to teach them their colors. 
One feather is RED... One feather is YELLOW...
We celebrated Thanksgiving all together--the Americans, the British, the Canadian, the Spaniard, the French, and the Germans.  We took it upon ourselves to go all out in our celebration since Thanksgiving away from home is always hard, so we "rented" out the big kitchen and dining room in our Foyer, everyone brought something delicious, and we had a fantastic time :)

Stephanie made a centerpiece and nametags


We had sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, turkey casserole, ham and leek Shepherd's pie, and even granules of gravy that Maisie found in London!



The food was delicious, and it was nice having such a multicultural feast :)  The leftovers weren't bad either...
My third Thanksgiving abroad, but by far the most satisfying :)

1 comment:

Marina said...

Aw that looks fun! I'm hoping to go back to Disney World for another internship in August and that'll be my first Thanksgiving away from home. It's not as far or as foreign as France but it'll be an experience just the same!

When do you return to the states?