7.3.11

Les Soirs de la Guitare

Recently I've been taking guitar lessons from a friend of one of my colleagues.  One day I went to Catherine's house (the most charming country cottage I've ever seen!) for lunch.  She knew I played guitar, because I taught the kids a song on the second day of class and she provided the guitar, so she invited her dear family friend Rémi to lunch so that we could chat.  He hosts guitar lessons every Thursday night at his house for a few hours, and invited me to attend.  Of course I couldn't say no :)

He also gave me a child-sized guitar to play on because all the Real People Sized ones were too big.  Womp womp.

Pretttyyyy :)
So, basically, we sit around for a few hours, practice finger picking, learn a few songs (in French AND in English), and then sit around for a bit longer and enjoy a gourmet beer together with snacks. 


It's definitely the highlight of my week, even though Thursday is my longest day of work.  Nice to have something to look forward to at the end of the day! 

No comments: