13.1.09

I Have Been Alive for Many Days

I wanted to count them all today, but I didn't. 

*Great story Kalster! Tell it again!*

I have so many days to catch you up on! Last I posted was Day 9. So, Day 10: Meet Jonas Day. Basically, I just went to the website for the company that wrote the book, then got to meet one especially rockin' Swedish blogger named Jonas Jansson (I could have sworn his name had one of those o's with a line through it). I created another blog on that site, but no worries, it's nowhere near as phantasmagoric as this one. 

Day 11: Introduce Yourself to Someone You Know but Never Speak to. This one was particularly hard for me. I know a lot of people, but I talk to them all the time. The Book suggested The Hooker on the Corner, The Guy Behind the Counter, etc. Since I spent the day driving back to the school, I encountered only people I don't know. I did, however, end up spending the night with a friend, and one of his friends was there, too, so I chose him as my lucky victim. I learned his sexual preference and his intended major. We got super close. Thanks, Ian. 

Day 12: I chose my type from a list of types. You know, for those drunken parties, so I can remember. I am the Clever Brunette. Coincidentally enough, Night 12 was a drunken party, and I totally rocked the Clever Brunette. Of course, everyone was drunk, so no one noticed save me, but I won't let that get me down. After all, I'm a Clever Brunette--who doesn't want one?!

Day 13: Today. Send a Letter to a Mass Murderer Day. I perused the wares--Charles Manson, Theodore Kaczynski (Unabomber!), the Co-Ed Killer--and wondered, since This Book was published in 2003, how many of these have already been executed? I ended up choosing David Berkowitz, who had a troubled childhood, became a Satanist, and killed 6 people. Also, he looks particularly creepy. That's a big selling point.

 

I gave him a fake name, no return address, and I used a moist Q-tip to seal the envelope so that, in the event that Davey Boy has well-developed forensic skillz, he can't have a sample of my DNA. 

This book is rockin' my world. 

1 comment:

Felix2Fires said...

I can't see your letter completely, what did it say? What were your resolutions? Very funny.